Sorry I took so long to reply to this symbiotic ! So here it goes:
1. My interests lie in (in order of unhealthy obsession to passing interest), computer gaming, owls, reading and writing (although I do less of the latter), singing (bathroom style), musicals, and lastly game design.
2. I don’t really have any favorite music genres as they fluctuate from time to time. But as of right now my favorite genres are mostly instrumental/orchestral (not so much Classical), electro-swing/swing revival/1920s~1930s swing, 70s to 80s cheesy pop love/disco songs, jazz, and the odd exception of rock/modern pop songs.
3. I like the idea of being a freelance writer as my future occupation but I’m also afraid of having an unreliable income. :\ My writing style as well as my vocabulary needs much practice too.
4. Owls are obviously my favorite animals. In fact I’d keep one as a pet if not for the fact that they’re bitches to keep in captivity. I don’t see myself hooting back to my pet owl to keep it company anytime soon.
5. I’m a ‘closet atheist’. I’m currently in a highly religious environment so it isn’t wise for me to reveal my lack of faith. But it still sucks that I still have to attend mass every Sunday and go for another hour of Sunday School afterwards when frankly I could be doing something more productive like homework or browsing tumblr.
6. I love musicals as well! Currently my favorite musical is Bonnie and Clyde, the Musical. I also like other classics such as Phantom of the Opera (cliche, I know), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (the old as fuck one), Wicked, Wizard of Oz (the Andrew Loyld Webber one), Carabet, Hairspray, Sweeney Todd, and possibly more. If I were to include musical movies I’d put Frozen in the list.
7. I’m not cis. I’m not comfortable with elaborating further so I’ll just leave it at that.
8. I have a crippling social anxiety, as seems to be the case with many fine people here on tumblr. Used to have pretty low self esteem in the past but it’s much better now? I guess. Not to the point of being suicidal but I did have to go for some form of therapy for it.
9. I used to go for regular acupuncture sessions, due to some alignment problems with my spine. Acupuncture is actually pretty painless, unless you move and hit a nerve.
10. I’m Chinese but I have sort of a love-hate relationship with the Chinese culture. On one hand Chinese culture can be really awesome (with all the dynasties, traditions, architecture, etc), but on the other hand the Chinese Confucian values don’t really mesh well with today’s 21st Century modernized society. Case in point filial piety. I’m not obligated to respect an elder that I’ve never met before or is a complete asshole to me. But oh well.
On a side note the blog’s name is actually a lame play on my romanized surname, Loh. My family’s lineage can be actually traced back to Xiamen in China, where my grandfather used to live there until he moved to Malaysia, then Singapore in search of greater prospects. In his absence, some asshole went and converted his house into a cabbage farm. So there’s that.
I don’t really have much people to tag, but nonetheless I’m gonna tag codemonkey-itazuramono, thatbamfwriter, and maybe alwaysdrm ? Y’all can respond to this if you feel like.
It’s no secret that women are still not being treated equally in the gaming industry and communities, and that they are still not seen as equally noteworthy consumers of the medium. (If considered at all.) And it’s not an issue that should be dismissed. Genuine problems should be addressed by…
if i ever start a band i’m going to name it “music” and then it will be literally impossible to find any of our songs on the internet
the first album : “Unknown album”
the hit single: “track 1”
Some people wanna watch the world burn